Frameless shower doors made of clear glass are trending in today’s home décor market, so their cost is relevant to Northern Virginia homeowners who are planning a bathroom remodel. The price tag for all shower doors is dependent on a variety of factors, which means it’s important to clarify your goals and prioritize your wants for the new shower enclosure. This helps you achieve the features that matter most to your family while staying within your remodeling budget.
Cost Range for Frameless Glass Showers from ABC Glass and Mirror
The cost for our custom frameless shower doors generally starts in the low $1000s and can go above $3000 depending on how luxurious and spacious you want the enclosure to be. These prices include installation by a team of professional glaziers as well as our warranty. (link to https://www.abcglassandmirror.com/about-us-warranty.html) Although professionally installed custom shower doors are more costly than the DIY kits you can buy at home improvement stores, many homeowners decide to work with us because of these appealing benefits offered by the ABC team:
- Before we fabricate any of your glass, one of our glazing professionals measures and inspects the shower stall, so we can accommodate structural irregularities such as walls that are out of plumb.
- Each section of glass is custom-cut in accord with the measurements and notes we’ve taken to ensure a correct fit without gaps and over-sized caulk joints.
- For many of our enclosures we can tailor the glass style, the hardware style, and the hardware finish to your preferences to create a truly personalized enclosure.
- Since these are custom built shower enclosures, we can be flexible regarding dimensions and can usually work around structural difficulties.
- We offer our professional support and experienced-based insights through every step of the project from your initial in-home consultation to the final installation visit.
Factors that Impact Glass Shower Door Cost
As you peruse frameless glass shower options, you should be aware of the factors that affect shower door prices.
Typically reduce the price:
- Thinner glass.
- Use of a header.
- Use of framing.
- Fewer glass panels.
- Smaller glass panels.
Typically raise the price:
- Thicker glass.
- Specialty glass.
- Frameless glass edges.
- Specialty hardware.
- More glass panels.
- Larger glass panels.
- Sealed or protected glass.
- Compatibility with steam shower kit.
Money Worth Spending
Frameless glass shower customers have many possible upgrades and amenities available for their new enclosures, but they come at a cost. This can make choosing the features to add to your updated shower difficult. Here are some of our favorite special features, but the decision should ultimately be informed by your particular circumstances and design objectives.
- ShowerGuard Glass by Guardian is a financial investment which saves you time and effort over the life of your shower enclosure. ShowerGuard glass resists corrosion, grime, and water spots because its surface has been sealed permanently. This significantly reduces the need for cleaning.
- Steam enclosures are our specialized frameless enclosures that extend to the ceiling for steam containment. A steam enclosure is used in conjunction with a steam shower kit that is installed by the homeowner or a plumbing professional. This type of enclosure will also be fitted with an operable transom for maintaining optimal humidity. Consider a steam shower if this is a spa-inspired amenity you’d like to enjoy in the convenience of your own home.
- Double glass doors make your shower more accessible by creating a spacious entrance to the enclosure. Boosting your bathroom’s accessibility can even make your house more appealing to potential buyers if you decide to move.
Options for Saving Money
Completing a renovation at or below budget comes down to making savvy choices and knowing where to spend and where to save. Here are some ways to cut frameless shower costs without sacrificing quality.
- Hire a trusted glass company that has a good reputation. You want to avoid losing money through scams or by having to call in a reputable company to repair or redo shoddy work.
- If cost is preventing you from enjoying frameless shower doors, consider including a header on your enclosure. A header is a strip of metal extending across the top of a shower stall, and including one can take up to several hundred dollars off the price.
- Facilitate communication among yourself, your glass company, and your contractor so you don’t end up paying for alterations such as corrections to the shower curb slope.
A final money-saving tip: Explore all your shower enclosure options! Researching what’s available makes it easier to find the glass shower that matches both your needs and your budget.
Learn More About Frameless Shower Door Pricing
It’s easy to get a specific price quote for the frameless glass shower doors you want. Call the ABC team at 703-257-7150 and set up a free in-home meeting. Our glazier will measure and inspect the shower, display product samples, and answer questions. We will then email you an estimate for your consideration. Working with ABC makes it easy to upgrade your bathroom with frameless glass! You can also contact us online!