Why use a glass partition wall instead of building a standard wall? Homeowners and commercial clients choose glass for various reasons – décor preferences, space restrictions, practical considerations, lighting issues, suitability for particular business models, branding, and more. Glass walls are available in various sizes, configurations, and glazing styles, so they can fulfill diverse needs in houses, offices, stores, restaurants and more. Let’s start by taking a look at some of the advantages to using a glass partition wall in a home.
A Glass Partition Wall to Camouflage the Commode
One popular residential use for a glass partition wall is found in the bathroom. Homeowners are favoring glass for more and more bathroom improvements, and one of these is a privacy screen for the toilet. This application is different from many others we will look at because it typically calls for privacy glass, rather than the clear glazing usually used for a partition wall. Since the main purpose of these glass panels is hiding the commode, frosted and patterned glass are common choices. When compared to a privacy wall made of sheetrock, glass offers these benefits:
- Coordinates with other popular glass fixtures in the bathroom, such as the shower enclosure and glass shelving.
- Lets light through so the toilet area does not feel dark and gloomy.
- Obscures the view of a less attractive bathroom appliance without compromising the room’s open, airy ambiance.
A Glass Partition Wall Can Visually Improve Other Parts of a Home, Too!
Innovative homeowners and designers are not confined to one use for a glass partition wall, though. Clear glass walls allow for the separation of rooms or spaces within a room without the negative effects of drywall, such as blocking light from windows or making the area look small or feel confining. Examples include:
- Transparent glass wall to divide a dining room and living room while maintaining an “open concept” look.
- Clear glass panels between a master bedroom and master bath to make the suite feel larger.
- Glass walls delineating a playroom near your home office or kitchen – keep the toys contained but easily check on the kiddos!
- Glass wall instead of a railing near a staircase to visually expand living space.
Contemporary Office Cubicles: A Popular Use for a Glass Partition Wall System
There are also numerous benefits to a glass partition wall system in business settings, and a favorite application is transparent office cubicles. These have an edge over other options because:
- Clear glass panels allow all employees to enjoy the natural light coming in through office windows.
- Clear office cubicles instantly foster communication, personal responsibility, and transparency without a single change in company policy.
- Transparent office partitions can contribute to a sense of teamwork and unity rather than the feeling of isolation generated by many cubicle systems.
- These modern office partitions update the work space and let employees know they are valued.
- Clear office dividers make the area feel larger and more open.
Glass Partition Wall Systems Have More Commercial Functions
Glass partition wall systems are also utilized for modern board rooms, conference rooms, meeting centers, and the like. Companies opt for glass room dividers in these spaces because it instantly gives their workspace a contemporary, cutting-edge feel. This look is valued by tech developers, sales specialists, and companies with new and unique business models. Custom ordered films with company logos can also be added to a glass partition wall for more effective branding.
Glass Panels Can Also Function as Buffet Sneeze Guards
Although it is not really a glass partition wall, a sneeze guard falls under the same general category and can be used in restaurants, buffets, snack bars, coffee shops and more. Sneeze guards are mostly made of clear glass to keep the food they protect in sight. The clear tempered glass typically used on sneeze guards offers the advantages of:
- Durability: significantly stronger than standard annealed glass.
- Hygienic: smooth surface that is easy to wash and sanitize.
- Appearance: glass can dress up the buffet line and pairs well with the metal components of the sneeze guards.
ABC Glass and Mirror Can Install a Custom Glass Wall Partition for Your Home or Business
Whether you wish to modernize your office complex or simply make your living space feel roomier, a glass partition wall can help. The ABC team would be happy to visit your home or business for a free consultation. Our estimator can take preliminary measurements, go over workable options, show you glass samples, and answer questions. An emailed price quote will follow, with no obligation to order. Give us a ring at (703)257-7150 to learn more or to speak with an in-house glass specialist.