Check out our ideas for quickly improving your home’s style and ambiance. When a full remodel isn’t practical, small changes like these are perfect for giving your living space a fresh feel. If you’re spending more time at home thee days, what better moment for some quick and easy updates?
Potted plants will brighten any space. They can be accents in a monochromatic bathroom, calming elements in a bright kitchen, or touches of nature that add warmth to contemporary décor. Fun variations on this ideas include:
• Add character to your kitchen with a potted herb garden. The row of cute pots and little green plants is a whimsical piece of decorating, and the fresh herbs can be mixed into salads, sprinkled over roasted vegetables, or added to your favorite sauces and stews.
• Use green plants to make utilitarian spaces pretty. Think laundry room, mud room, and foyer.
• No green thumb? Very realistic artificial plants allow you to achieve almost the same effect. You can even order synthetic hanging gardens!
Walking up to your front door should mean walking up to a cheerful and welcoming entrance. Not the case? Here are some possible upgrades:
• Paint the front door your favorite color. Almost any front door color will work if your house is a neutral shade like beige, white, or gray. If your home is a bolder color, repaint the front door in a soothing neutral that complements the other shade.
• Address damaged glass in your door or sidelights. Cracked, chipped, or fogged glass definitely detracts from an entrance, but replacement glass can be usually be installed, saving you the cost of totally new doors or windows.
• Potted trees or leafy plants can also be nice outdoor accent items. Place one on either side of your front door and add a new door mat as well.
Shelving can be directly attached to unused wall space in any cluttered room. The extra storage surfaces it offers helps you solve the messiness issue, and you might even have some shelf space left over to display trendy accent items. Clear glass shelving is especially nice for small rooms – because it’s transparent it doesn’t seem to fill up any of the room’s precious space.
Inexpensive items like rugs, throws, accent pillows, and curtains can be vehicles for updating an out of style color scheme. For example, gray is currently a popular neutral, but your color scheme might still be founded on beige. Instead of replacing your whole bedroom set, you could drape a chunky gray afghan over a corner the bed, add gray bedside rugs, and so on.
Make sure the first room you step into promotes positive feelings. Choose a theme that makes your family happy – beach, horses, abstract art – whatever you love. Since entryways are relatively small, giving yours a theme doesn’t require much time or money. A wall hanging, perhaps a coat of paint, a new rug, and so forth can give this plain space a distinct theme that sets a happy tone for your whole house.
When your home improvement plan calls for glass or mirror, help is just a phone call away – (703)257-7150. ABC will set up a free in-home consultation and email you a price quote. Once you’ve made your selections, we’ll fabricate and order all the necessary components and then deliver and install your glass. Improving a room with glass shelves, custom mirrors, replacement glass and the like is easy when you work with ABC.