The value of bathroom remodels – such as making the switch to frameless glass shower doors – goes beyond enjoying your own improved space. An updated bathroom, like an updated kitchen, makes a home more appealing to potential buyers. In fact, purchasers are often willing to pay more for a house with a nice bathroom, so these updates generally offer a good ROI (return on investment). The ROI can be over 100% in hot housing markets and closer to 50% when things are slower, so talking to your local realtor will help you determine the ideal scope and focus of your bathroom update.
The value of a home can be increased by adding a bathroom, undertaking a major bathroom renovation, or sticking with a minor bathroom remodel. In any of these situations, the upgrade to a frameless glass shower is worth considering.
For starters, you can often add glass shower doors to an existing bathroom without having to make other changes.
- Tub doors can be installed on an existing bathtub with a shower head.
- Old framed glass panels and doors can be replaced with a frameless shower enclosure.
- A swinging glass shower door can take the place of a curtain on a single shower stall.
If you’re adding a brand new bathroom, keep in mind that the frameless shower door is the most popular choice among American homeowners today. Your home’s newest bathroom should be up-to-date and in sync with this year’s decorating trends for maximum resale appeal. Moreover, frameless shower doors made of clear glass offer a highly versatile look that will coordinate with just about any décor the new owners prefer.
Depending on your local housing market, more specialized glass shower enclosures might be worth the investment. For example, HGTV blogger Kathy McCleary observes that “[f]loor-to-ceiling steam showers are…hot,” and discusses architect Steve Straughan’s insight that “[w]alk-in showers have replaced whirlpool tubs as the must-have cleaning machine in bathrooms.” (source -https://www.hgtv.com/design/decorating/clean-and-organize/which-home-improvements-pay-off) Ask your real estate agent about the ROI of these specialty showers in your area:
- Steam showers – Steam shower enclosures bring spa-like relaxation into your own master bathroom. They extend from floor to ceiling and have a movable transom over the door to control humidity levels. Steam showers from ABC are always built from frameless glass.
- Walk-in shower – A walk-in shower can be built from frameless glass, and it is set apart from other styles by its unique entrance. The door panel is omitted on a walk-in shower, and the entrance is left open. Water management is achieved through floor slope, drain placement, and shower head location. These enclosures can also be curb-less for a highly accessible shower that will appeal to potential buyers who want to age in place.
Another perk offered by frameless glass shower doors is their ability to transform the general atmosphere of a bathroom. Replacing a shower curtain or privacy glass with clear, frame-free shower doors visually opens up the room and makes the shower enclosure itself feel roomier. Potential home buyers will “feel” like the bathroom is spacious and open. The clean lines and simple textures on frameless glass shower enclosures also bring a bathroom up to speed in terms of contemporary home décor styles.
It’s easy to enjoy an upgraded shower experience and boost your home’s resale value and appeal with the addition of a frameless glass shower. If you’d like more information on pricing and the shower installation process, call the ABC team at 703-257-7150!