Thinking about a house sale? Considering a home improvement project before putting your house on the market? Remodeling is one way to increase home values, but it needs to be the right kind of change. Don’t start renovating on a whim or drain your resources on upgrades that offer a poor return on investment. Instead, get to know your local real estate market, research how various improvements affect property value, and team up with professionals when appropriate.
Evaluate Potential Home Remodels before You Start
The value of a specific home improvement project depends on how it will ultimately affect the success of your home sale and the selling price. A remodel can help a seller in a couple ways:
- Increase the financial value of your real estate and raise the sale price enough to make the project worth your investment.
- Make the home more attractive so that potential buyers want your house rather than a similar one on the market.
The best renovations achieve both, and these often occur in kitchens and bathrooms. Also, replacing useful fixtures – appliances, shower doors, etc. – not only makes the living space look better, but boosts the convenience and functionality of the home as well.
Bathroom Upgrades Make Sense for Home Sellers
Bathroom remodels remain among the most popular home improvement projects for house flippers and homeowners planning to sell. Updating bathrooms is a smart way to raise property value because these remodels offer an average 73.5% return on investment (ROI) in the South Atlantic region. Also, we expect more from bathrooms these days, and spa-inspired amenities are becoming the norm.
Even if you can’t go all out, keep in mind that the condition of a home’s bathrooms is very important to potential buyers. A space that’s inviting and up-to-date will give homebuyers a good feeling about your house, while a dated and dingy room can be a real turn off. For example a sparkling glass shower is a much more appealing bathing choice than a stained fiberglass tub, and the glass shower will also give the whole bathroom a nicer feel.
Find the Perfect Shower Configuration and Style
The ABC Glass and Mirror team has been serving Northern Virginia homeowners and real estate professionals for nearly two decades. To ensure that we can meet your needs, we provide a wide range of glass shower options:
- 90 Degree Shower Enclosures – corner showers with right angles
- Neo-Angle Shower Enclosures – corner showers with 135 degree angles
- In-Line Shower Enclosures – glass door adjacent to fixed glass panel
- Single Glass Doors – one swinging door
- Sliding Doors – bypass doors or frameless rolling door systems
- Shower and Bathtub Screens – single panel of fixed glass
We offer additional custom glass installations for real estate, including vanity mirrors, glass shelving, glass backsplashes, and cabinet glass. Give ABC a call today for a free estimate or to schedule a complimentary consultation – (703)257-7150!