If your usual shower upgrade is buying a new curtain, it’s time to consider the wide array of modern shower amenities that can be part of your bathroom remodel! Possibilities span a range of price points and levels of luxury, so don’t miss this opportunity to bring your shower area up to date in terms of style and function!
One of the simplest ways to update and beautify a shower is by replacing the curtain with glass. Check out some of the possibilities.
• Keep it simple with a shower screen. A single piece of fixed or hinged glass may be all that’s needed for a functional shower area and more open feel in your bathroom. This is among the more cost effective options and can be added to most existing showers or tubs.
• Add frameless swinging or rolling glass doors to your current bathtub or shower stall. A frameless shower will instantly add style and visual appeal to the whole room.
• Have a new glass corner shower or custom enclosure built. You can choose the dimensions, angles, number of glass panels, and so forth for a shower tailored to your style and convenience.
Electric heat mats can be installed before the shower floor and/or bench is tiled. The radiant heat gives you a warm shower floor as soon as you step into the stall. This warmth is comforting on cold winter mornings and makes the shower experience more relaxing at any time. Radiant floor heating can also be installed beneath the tile outside the shower so that the luxurious experience continues as you step out into the bathroom.
Many showers are simply fitted with knobs, faucet, and shower head. However, there are many amenities that can be added with minimal expense or work.
• An overhead battery powered light can be quickly installed with a few screws. Some are motion activated or dimmable.
• Shower heads with built in waterproof LED lights allow you to relax in a darkened bathroom with water droplets cascading down in a luminous glow.
• Waterproof bluetooth speakers come with clips for easy installation and make it easy to enjoy your favorite tunes or an audiobook while you shower.
Many homeowners are choosing to enjoy refreshing steam showers right at home. Besides having a steam shower kit installed, you’ll need a suitable enclosure, such as the frameless steam shower enclosures offered by ABC Glass & Mirror:
• The enclosure seals up from ceiling to floor to trap the team.
• An operable transom allows you to release steam as desired for optimal humidity.
• The glass is custom fabricated to fit correctly in your specific bathroom and accommodate structural irregularities as needed.
Improving the shower spray can be the work of an afternoon. Your local home improvement store has many shower spray options that can replace the current shower head. You could simply change styles or add a shower head that also includes a handheld spray. If you’re doing a larger renovation, consider adding body jets along the shower wall or perhaps an overhead rain-style spray.
The ABC Glass & Mirror team is standing by to discuss your project ideas and present glass shower options. Call (703)257-7150 to chat with a specialist or to schedule a free in-home meeting with one of our knowledgeable estimators. Working with ABC makes switching to shower glass easy and hassle-free!