Sometimes a bathroom needs a makeover before it’s time for a full renovation. Glass is versatile, highly functional, and perfect for bathroom applications because it holds up to moisture and humidity and is easy to disinfect. Check out four options for transforming your bathroom with just a single sheet of glass. If one or more of these is right for your situation, give the ABC Glass & Mirror team a ring at (703)257-7150 to set up a free in-home consultation. We offer many other glass and mirror options including full shower enclosures, glass table tops, and replacement window glass!
A shower screen from ABC is a single piece of frameless glass. The glass can be stationary or hinged, and you can choose rounded or square corners. Simply replacing a shower curtain or old framed door system with a glass shower screen will give your bathroom a whole new feel. For example, an opaque curtain hides the shower area from view while a clear shower screen will visually include this square footage and make both bathroom and shower seem roomier. Also, the simplicity and clean lines of a shower screen will update a bathroom that was previously defined by an old framed shower door with lots of metal components.
Back painted glass is another great tool for modernizing a dated bathroom without completely redoing it. This glass combines color with the sheen of glass and can be ordered in any shade you desire. Here are three options for updating a bathroom with just one sheet of colored glass:
• Replace your existing (or non-existent) backsplash with a strip of back painted glass. With no grout lines and resistance to staining, you’ll find this backsplash easy to clean and care for!
• Create a unique accent wall by covering one small bathroom wall with a sheet of back painted glass. Order any color you want – including custom color matched shades.
• Install a back painted glass shower wall panel to modernize and glamorize the stall. Just avoid installing glass anywhere you’ll need to drive screws or drill holes as this will crack the glass.
Replacing an existing vanity mirror with a custom option is another great way to change your bathroom’s ambiance with just one sheet of glass. Special vanity mirror options include:
• A wall to wall mirror with cutouts to fit around outlets and light switches.
• Matching geometric shaped mirrors over double sinks.
• A uniquely shaped vanity mirror.
• Metal wrapped or beveled edge vanity mirror.
Choosing a custom vanity mirror allows you to update your décor but can also serve a practical purpose like providing more mirror space for busy mornings.
A glass shelf is one more example of how a single piece of glass can improve your bathroom. Take care of vanity counter clutter or a disorganized shower by adding a glass shelf. The dimensions as well as the glass style and bracket type can be customized to match the rest of your bathroom décor. Simply place items directly on the shelf or add baskets and caddies. A glass shelf will pair nicely with other elements like your shower enclosure or cabinet glass.
If you want to update your bathroom with a single sheet of glass or have a larger project in mind, the ABC Glass & Mirror team can supply, deliver, and install the glass and/or mirror you need. We bring together quality components, decades of glass experience, and a commitment to customer satisfaction. To set up a free consultation and estimate, give us a call at (703)257-7150!